Because I have unspecified crabbies, and I'm not sure what to do with that besides make a list and be internet venty, here are some things I cannot abide right now:
1- The weather. Sure, it's great today, but it will be crud again on Thursday and I'm over it. (Yes I know it is so so so much worse in other parts of the country. I send my warmest spring thoughts.)
2- Oil pulling. People are apparently swishing oil in their mouths, to... get their mouths clean? No, y'all. Stop that. You hippies need to simmer down. Everyone just BRUSH YOUR TEETH.
3- Amongst other really frustrating church complaints these days, I am very over Certain Church Types who hate the internet. (Correction: are scared of the internet.) And other terrible churchy communication in general, and I mean that on SO MANY LEVELS but I am trying not to be so complainy about church so I will not start a rant.
4- People who are pissed that the new Annie is black. Yes, a little girl. Acting in a movie. Which apparently she shouldn"t be.... because of how she looks? What year is this? FOR THE LOVE.
5- Being a terrible sleeper. If I could magically change one thing about myself, it might be this. Partly to make better sleep decisions, and partly for those decisions to just, for once, work. I would love to have the ability to sleep when I wanted to, where I wanted to, without thinking about it. If you have this luxurious ability, do me a favor and please don't take it for granted.
6- Crappy in-laws. Not MINE, I should say. But I know and love several people whose in-laws are being crappy to them. Including one set of in-laws who put those booze-breastmilk test strips in the diaper bag after babysitting during a date night. Why so gross, in-laws of the world?
7- This dumb HuffPo article going viral (I'm not linking to it, it doesn't need any more hits, google it if you must) saying kids should not use handheld devices until they are twelve. Not just shouldn't use them, but the government should make it illegal for kids to use them. Are you effing kidding me? How does this bullsh!t go viral? And as the ever-delightfully-pedantic Miriel pointed out, "handheld devices" is woefully unspecific. Shall we have the government ban forks and spoons and pencils, too? Also, I don't think the word "technology" means what that writer thinks it means.
And how I feel tonight is: people are dumb, y'all.
Okay in the interest of a happy healthy mindset OR WHATEVER, here are three things I feel damn glad about this weekend:
1- We had a great night out with friends on Friday, including this delightful little bikini-tini at dinner, which tasted like a freaking vacation:
You know that's pretty. You know you want one.
2- Nathan is currently trying to pluck out "twinkle twinkle" on his cello and he can't quiiiite get it (because he hasn't learned enough notes yet for it) but dang it is adorable to listen to him try.
3- Mark got some decent news about some work stuff this week, and it is making him feel light and happy. Light and happy looks good on anyone, but it's especially super when it's on your beloved.

8 comments:
Aaaaand I just did a spit take over #2.
EVERYTHING about this post is fantastic. Everything. I want to print it out and carry it around with me in my pocket. I adore you.
Oil pulling. BLECH. Also, this post makes me want to sit around with you with a pretty drink and gossip.
Eeeep! There is a new Annie movie?! I didn't know! And now December is way way too far away.
I think I'm just plain upset that they are doing ANOTHER Annie. Give it a rest, people. No one did Agatha Hannigan better than Carol Burnett. The end.
Also, the thought of oil pulling makes me want to vomit, but saltwater does the same thing to me.
People swishing oil is a thing? Oh my lands.
Yeah a relative of mine recently considered the oil pulling thing. Apparently you have to swish it for like 20 min? To help you lose weight?? I would much rather just get on a treadmill for 20 min. #gimmicky
Well if I swished oil in my mouth for a good twenty minutes, I sure wouldn't eat the rest of the day. So maybe it's an effective dieting tool. (SO. GROSS.)
Post a Comment