So I am trying this new thing where I intentionally wear it wavy, even while fighting my own instinct that it just looks... undone (which is a hard mindset to shake, even though people keep telling me otherwise), because y'all! If there is a happy medium between the time/effort of blow drying and straightening, and the sloppiness of a ponytail, that would be a GAME CHANGER for me.
I have gone a whole week and touched neither blow dryer nor ponytail holder, and tried lots of different (cheapo) hair products (nothing spendy yet, although I am clearly not above a spendy hair product if I need it and love it), everything from sprays to creams to foam to mousse to just leaving it alone altogether. And I took about eight thousand selfies trying to solicit opinions from people smarter at waviness than I am. And to remember how it looked on which days and what I liked/didn't about x product's feel/smell/hold/etc. (I totally made a photo stream for it, in case you didn't believe anyone could be that self-indulgent, I CAN.)
So.
Here are a bunch of pics. Comment or text or email or tweet or message me so I know what looks best to the objective eye.
| apparently this one looks backwards to other people, blah blah mirror, whatever |
| back to the "right" way now, better? except... are my glasses always that crooked? |
| ignore the frown; it was unrelated to my hair. or that triple venti. |
(This is only a small fraction of the hair photos that currently exist on my phone. Do not judge me.)
I think I have settled on a cream from Herbal Essence for immediately post-shower (it holds without getting too crunchy or heavy, and it smells good) but I would love a second-day option if that exists? Or does this look only work from wet hair from the shower? Should I just... spray it wet again the next day if I don't want to re-wash? HELP ME I AM BRAND NEW HERE.
11 comments:
I love this! I too have new-to-me wavy (Sometimes even CURLY! As in RINGLETS!) hair. Pretty sure it's caused by all that hormonal change going on in me these last OH 15 years or so. Especially these last 5 years.
But I digress. I vote for pic #2 & #5. Lovely!
Thanks! Yes mine is almost curly too, when I wake up in the mornings especially. Wuuuuut. (I should text you a pic. It is... something.)
So pretty! I think you're doing a great job dealing with the waviness. I'm not seeing any frizz at all, which would be and is the number one problem I have wearing my kinky-after-having-children hair. It looks lovely and touchable.
Laura @lauradiniwilk turned me onto Miss Jessie's Quick Curls, which is a cream that helps pump up the wavy/curly/beachy without making hair crunchy. It's not the cheapest thing on the block, but I got it when they had a big sale (Christmastime I think? 40% off maybe?). I like it. Samy Big Curls is a similar product I found in the good ol' drugstore. Also good.
But what you're doing is clearly working and if it cuts down on the drying/styling time, awesome. Again, so pretty.
I agree with Miss Jessie's Quick Curls Cream. SO AWESOME. I have a partial tube I will mail you, if you want to dm me your address. A tube ($32, full price at Target) lasts me up to 4 months. Totally worth it. And it smells good.
And it helps my hair dry faster.
Love the hair. All pictures! As a person with impossible-to-tame wavy curly whatever, I loooooove what you're doing and how it's not frizzing! Also, because I rarely comment and am too lazy to move to a different post- I'm always up for "helping-Erin-out" mode and can usually occupy kiddos while you're grabbing some alone if that's ever needed!
Aw thank you Laura. I so wish you lived closer. (Not just for that.)
And thanks y'all for the jessie's idea! Yes sheila I would LOVE to try it! I will email you in a sec.
I LUUUURRRVVV your wavy hair. :)
I think the last 2 pics of it look so good, so good. I'm gonna investigate this Miss Jessie's stuff at Target. I don't have a product I'm loyal to because I haven't found anything fab, but I also have not tried anything more than about $5 because I'm scared to waste money on something not-great. Next time you are having a good hair day, please text me a pic. I love it.
I really like the waves!! Wonder if Charlotte will join the ranks, too.
I want your hair.
You look younger!! I like the last two!
I like the last two, too!
Post a Comment