Friday, August 19, 2016

Bowden, 2002 - 2016

I wish I had enough words, or better words. I don't.

She was our first baby, the first thing we ever loved together.

She was snuggly and she was stinky and she was not interested in your shenanigans. A real old biddy. Our old biddy. She was bemused by Simon and tolerated the three human hoodlums we insisted on bringing home.

She slept between my knees. She could spritely jump up onto our tall bed, until her final weeks.

She loved popcorn and sitting on top of the couch. She hated grates and was terrified of drains in the road. She was a magnet for the sunny spot on the floor.

She was the one being on this planet who loved me above all the other beings. All of them. How did I deserve such love?


We buried her in the backyard, crying and sweating. We already miss her.

She was loved, and we are so sad.

No comments: