Charlotte is six today!
She has been really sick since last Friday, rull vommy and hasn't kept solid food down in almost four days. (It's her birthday now! Today is the day! Right?) She spiked a fever on Sunday night so we took her to the doctor yesterday and it's a strep infection, weird because no sore throat, but hey apparently it happens.
Sadly we had to cancel the party we had planned for her this morning, but we will do it on Sunday instead. She's never had a real birthday party and she was SO excited for it, but it's just a simple "playdate with cake" variety swimming in our backyard which is super easy to reschedule and I'm going to out on a limb and assume all our party guests would rather have a beach ball party favor that, oh I don't know, strep.
But fortunately we can still proceed to my family's Bumgarner beach week this afternoon as planned, since the 24-hour mark with her meds will be here soon. She will be glad to see cousins and grandparents and play in the sand and maybe like eat a cracker or something. Happy birthday to you! Saltines!
(I did make a cake too, I swear.)
I hope she wakes up perky enough to enjoy her special day. I am full of feelings as always; there's something about my baby hitting each new year that tugs my heart in a different way than the other two. It makes ME feel less like a rookie mom (which I know I'm not, but don't we all still kinda feel that inside?) and every time she ages up, it's like a new life stage for us we are leaving behind. So that's it, the preschool years are over, I officially have a house full of big kids, and it's sad and weird and great.
A few of our favorite moments of our beautiful Booler this year:
If you can't see the video embedded above, click here to watch it on YouTube.)
(Memory lane: here are her first, second, third, fourth and fifth years too.)
Happy birthday, dear Charlotte, our pinky finger, our funny heart, our baby Booler!
No comments:
Post a Comment