Monday, October 1, 2007

Kathleen and the fur

Mondays are hard for everyone - but especially me, especially today - which is my first full day of working from home. As you can see, I'm working very hard. (Reason #3512-B why no one from my office will ever see this blog.) I would feel bad about it, but considering I spent most of September doing WAY more work than I originally agreed to, and knowing what's coming in March-April-May-June, when I will more than make up any "slow" days from this fall, I'm just going to spend the rest of the afternoon enjoying myself while I keep an eye on my work email. No sense seeking out extra work when the clients and the boss are all happy, right? Plus, I only get paid for what I actually do. Wow, I sound guiltier than I am claiming not to feel!

So anyway.

I was telling Ryan about this clip a few weeks ago, and every time I watch it I laugh. So I am posting it here for everyone's enjoyment (and hoping no one from antm, or the people who pieced the clips together, gets mad at me - what are the rules on that, anyway?), and I am hoping it will make the beginning of the work week a little brighter. But if you are actually AT work, this might be a good time to grab those headphones - you need the sound to see the humor.




This video embodies all the reasons I love America's Next Top Model. Tyra has herself on a pedestal, thinking she's all-knowing. Girls trying to break into an industry they're clueless about. A reality show trying to make a political statement (or at least raise awareness of one), while just making itself look silly. And yes, I definitely have a crush on Nigel. (Don't we all?)

6 comments:

Kelley C said...

"I know right? I didn't"

and Anteeeee- fur from the blonde....

Mark said...

"the blonde" is TWIGGY! I heart Twiggy. She's the only normal and kind person involved with the walking disaster that is antm. Again, why can't I stop watching?

I'd like to say that "I know right? I didn't" is my favorite line in this clip... but then I watch it again and there are so many that make me laugh, that I just can't choose!

Anonymous said...

Classic ANTM moment... it made my day! By the way, there's a blog you should know about...

http://fourfour.typepad.com/fourfour/

This guy is hilarious - and he recaps every episode of ANTM, complete with clips, gifs, and pics. He updates every Monday...

Mark said...

thanks for the head's up - looks like he and I have a simlar love/disdain relationship with antm!

your job must be REALLY boring, by the way - how in the world do you keep track of so many blogs?

Anonymous said...

well... ummm... you pretty nailed it.

BORED!!

Mark said...

clearly, or you wouldn't be commenting at 10:15am :)