I swear, these things only happen to me.
So I'm in Target yesterday, to pick up some 99c Circo-brand bottles that apparently will screw into my Madela breast pump (the ones that came with the pump are WAY too small to contain all the "white gold" coming from my udders), which is MUCH cheaper than the converter kits they sell to make any bottle fit any pump. I'm leaning over the display rack (trying to inconspicuously open a package of cloth diapers to see if they're soft enough, if you must know... and yes, they are quite soft) when I hear a familiar-but-gross sound - my heart sinks just as I feel something wet and hot hit my shoulder. That's right. Nathan has officially projectile vomited in Target. And of course, I am without a burp cloth. So I grab the first blue bib I see out of the $1 bin to clean up the mess.
Nathan is now the proud new owner of a bib that says Amo a Mama. Which I assume means something along the lines of "yaaaaay Mommy," right? Spanish speakers out there - confirmation?
In case you're wondering, there are very few looks stranger than the one a white woman (with her very ruddy baby) gets when trying to purchase a vomit-covered hispanic bib from Target.
4 comments:
I'm so glad that happened to you and not me. Because you wrote it into such a nice story that all of Blogworld can enjoy.
As your Spanish-speaking guru, I'll have you know that "Amo a Mama" actually means "I have this thing around my neck because I throw up on my mother otherwise."
Personally, my fav part of this post is that you refer to your own breasts as "udders."
And I'm always in the mood for a good projectile vomiting story.
P.S. "Amo a mama" means I love Mama, but you knew that already, right?;-)
well, I figured that's what it must mean. I could get "amo" from amore and amour - and mama was pretty self-explanatory! But I'm not gonna lie, I like Merritt's translation better!
Post a Comment