Saturday, April 12, 2008

The Capital of NC is...?

My aunt sent me an email with some comments that Jeff Foxworthy made about how to know if you're a North Carolinian. Is he even from here? Is he allowed to make fun of us?

Anyway, the one that jumped out at me is: If you know for sure that Charlotte is not really the capital, you may live in North Carolina. Are we really one of those states for which people in the rest of the country can't name the capital? Really? I mean, I know of other states where the capital seems obvious but isn't... New York (not NYC), Washington (not Seattle), Illinois (not Chicago), etc. But I really didn't know that North Carolina (not Charlotte) would go on that list as well. I find it sort of amusing. Does the rest of the world think that Myrtle Beach is the capital of South Carolina?

Other funny-because-they're-so-true statements about the North Kacklack:
If you are "fixin" to go anywhere or do anything, you may live in NC.
If you install security alarms on your house and garage, but leave both unlocked, you may live in NC.
If you find 60 degrees 'a little chilly' you may live in NC.
If you take time off work to watch basketball in March, you may live in NC.
If you can name two or more hurricanes you've lived through (with pride), you may live in NC.

In case you're wondering, I lived through Hugo and Charley and probably others that I can't remember right now. And the state capital is right here in Raleigh.

3 comments:

SouthAsiaRocks said...

haha! That's funny :)

SouthAsiaRocks said...

oh yeah, and Aashini was swimming in a BG diaper w/o the lining - so far it seems to have worked ;) haha!

Joy said...

Hey I lived through Hugo too. It hit SC the day before my birthday. I'm from SC, and I know what the capital of NC is! :)