So I realized it's been a while (like, 7 posts or something) since I have updated about Nathan. And while some of you out there might be reading for my witty social commentary (ha. not.), or for the gritty details of my leg hair, I know there are other lurkers (ahem... grandparents. lois. kristy. yes, I just called you out) who are reading this because you can't get enough of my kid.
(I really like him, too!)
So I'm sharing a video of one of his recent accomplishments. I love, love that he kicks his feet when he's happy. It's pretty much the cutest thing ever. And it totally gives him away, like a wagging tail on a dog. He wears his emotions on his legs, you might say. :)
The good news is he's rolling in both directions, often -- sometimes on a trajectory (is that the right word? what I mean to say is that he's Rolling With a Purpose, to get somewhere... usually to his favorite bookshelf full of office supplies.... note to self: time to start babyproofing). The bad news is I have realized this week that my floors are way less clean than I originally thought. When I pick him up to hug him and tell him how proud I am for his rolling accomplishments (positive discipline would say I need to comment on how proud he must be of himself, actually... maybe I should work on that), he's covered in crud. Lint. Hair. Dirt. Sticky pollen residue. Dead bugs. (Kidding about that last one.) (I hope.)
It turns out our floors are really dirty. I mean, I sweep pretty much every day in the main areas of the house (it's spring and we have two dogs... you just can't ignore it), but in our few carpeted rooms, I must confess that I am the laziest housekeeper ever. (I had to ask Mark where we keep the vacuum the other day. Seriously. And we still ended up borrowing the neighbors' since they have a pet-hair-dyson-something-or-other.)
But now that Daddy has done a good thorough vacuuming, Nathan is significantly less grody after rolling around on the floor. But still not totally clean. I think I just need to come to grips with the fact that my children will never be sparkling clean on an everyday basis. I love my dogs, and they come with hair and slobber. And I've decided I'm fine with that.
Also, Nathan is sitting much better, and for longer periods of time. If you're not sick of watching videos, you can see that here.
3 comments:
Great video!! How cute!! whoo hoo!!
Go Nathan!
A little dirt will make Nathan healthier in the long run. Yay on the rollovers!
Post a Comment