Thursday, May 8, 2008

Eleven Years and Counting

Eleven years ago today, Mark and I had our first date. We saw Austin Powers in the theater. The first Austin Powers. You know you've been together a long time when they show your first date movie in a marathon on TBS every other weekend.

In those eleven years, here are some quirky things I have learned about Mark:

1.) He doesn't like to touch greasy or squishy things. This includes massage oil, lotions (he uses sunscreen spray), and even soap (he does wash himself, don't worry... he has a loofah and body wash like any respectable woman).

2.) He can dance. Like, club dance. And he likes to. Surprising for some of you who know him but haven't seen this particular talent in action.

3.) He gets fired up enough at sporting events to holler at refs and umps. This includes stadiums full of 90 thousand people where no one could possibly hear him, as well as church softball games where the people in charge hear every word.

4.) He loves fruit. I can't think of a single fruit he doesn't like.

5.) He has a knack for always being able to find the best red wine on the menu.

6.) He is a Rule Follower. In almost any sense of the title. Which isn't surprising if you know him.

7.) The one guilty pleasure he will admit to is a fondness for techno music.

8.) He will do anything to get Nathan to laugh. I call him a laugh whore.

9.) He claims not to understand Dutch (his first language) well anymore... but he laughs at jokes when people are talking in Dutch around him. Hmmm.

10.) He is a sucker for a movie with a great soundtrack, and is sometimes distracted from what's happening on screen by what's happening in the background score.

11.) He was a great boyfriend and now he's a great husband. I love you, Marky!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Erin, I just read this and the part about Mark using a loofah like any respectable woman made me laugh so loud I woke Trey up. Good stuff. :)