Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Peekaboo!

One "first" I didn't include in our St. Croix post is that Nathan can now play peekaboo... as the peeker. He's long been amused by someone else hiding and popping out in front of him... but sometime in between when we left for vacation and when we came back home, he figured out how to hide himself and pop out to surprise us. Sometimes he does well, behind and blanket or cloth diaper. Other times he's a little lazier, burying his head in my chest and then looking up, or even just looking away and then looking back. He will now do this pretty consistently when we say, "where's Nathan?" -- I love that he understands verbal cues! (He will also clap on demand, even without a hinted hand gesture, but we have yet to capture that on camera.)

So in case you haven't played peekaboo in a while, Nathan would like to play with you now.

5 comments:

merritt said...

Love his squealing! You can't help but smile!

SouthAsiaRocks said...

That's awesome!! How fun!!!!

Ryan D. said...

I wanna play!!

Anonymous said...

I could play peek-a-boo with him all day! Where's Nathan? THERE HE IS! :-) His laugh makes me laugh, every time.

Erin G said...

me too! I never get tired of hearing it. There's no better sound in the world. You can't NOT smile when you hear it, I think. Baby laughs are just contagious like that!