Thursday, October 21, 2010

My New Fair Favorites

It's state fair time again!  I love the fair, in all its cheesy redneckity glory.  And today I found a whole host of new reasons to love it.

My new favorite...

...Animal to listen to Nathan talk about:
Patches! (His first pony ride!)

...Reason to love my Medela breast pump:
it's not *quite* this industrial

...Way to pamper a cow: 
haircut *and* a blow dry

...Freebie giveaway booth:
trashy romance novels... oh  yes, they went there

...Way to spell colossal:
Why are fairs such breeding grounds for terrible English?

...Kids game to be jealous of because it doesn't exist for adults:
Seriously, how awesome and fun does that look?


...Kiddie-ride face caught on camera:
half terrified, half enthralled

...Daddy-daughter midway picture:

...Treat to share with Nathan:
fried snickers -- last year he wouldn't come near it

For more pictures of our morning at the fair, click on Nathan and Daddy with the helicopter* below.
Image hosted by Webshots.com
by mgoetts

*Don't say helicopter, Mommy, say police helicopter!

7 comments:

Neil said...

If I didn't already miss the NC State Fair SO MUCH... Looks like a wonderful day with the family!

EMU said...

So fun! We might go tomorrow...

Love the police helicopter line. So Nathan! :)

Mary said...

i'll make sure my mom doesn't see the pic of anneliese w/o socks/shoes on :)

merritt said...

Awesome. I love state fairs. Once a year, that is. :)

Kendra said...

Maaaaybe it's a pun, like eat here and your ass will be colassol.

Erin G said...

LOL Kendra! Maybe! :)

Betsy Mauney said...

Mmmmmm... I could take that fried snickers right now as my nighttime snack...