Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thankful

I was driving home from an airport playdate earlier this week when I glanced in the rearview mirror and saw just about the best thing you could possibly see when looking in a rearview mirror*...
It was a welcome and precious sight, in the midst of what's been kind of a hard week for me.  These two beautiful siblings, heads turned sideways, thumbs at the ready, clearly more alike than they are different.

They were given to us for the task of loving and raising, given to us to comfort when things hurt, given to us to be the recipients of their hugs and kisses and squealed mamas and daddys.  Out of everyone on the planet, God chose us to be the parents for these kids.  I'm ashamed sometimes of how disappointed I feel when I don't get the even more that I'm audacious enough to ask for.  Loving these two most awesome of kiddos is enough.  No, not just enough... amazing.  Everything else is just... else.  I want to focus on being thankful for the things in my life that are really great... and there are many.

Perspective: I needs it.

Happy Thanksgiving!

*Yes, Anneliese is now riding facing forward like the big girl that she almost is.
*Yes, Nathan is snuggling with a toy semi truck named Mack. You needed to ask?
*Yes, my car is always this clean (ahem).
*Yes, I took this picture while driving.  Do not judge me.  The moment needed capturing!

1 comment:

marmie said...

the picture and your thoughts made me smile.......and be thankful for my blessings which includes the momma of those awesome kiddos........