We had our baby girl's hair cut for the first time today.
Hold me, internetz.
In our family's second battle in the War Against Mullets (remember the first?), after several weeks of hair! bugging me!* we decided none of us could take any more of Anneliese's sweaty tangled mess.
I don't know, I thought it was still sort of pretty. (Apparently I was the only one.)
She was a champ. Uncharacteristically quiet and nervous, but after watching Nathan go before her, and making sure she got to also wear a penguin cape and sit in a police car chair, she climbed right up, put on her "big girl serious" face, and didn't fuss one bit.
My biggest fear about this haircut (besides the tantrum that never happened) was that she would lose all her sweet curls, and with them, her clinging-to-babyhood look. But... nope!
After the cutting was all done and it started to dry, they just sprang right back up! Maybe even more than before!
So she's still my sweet curly-haired baby-faced little girl. Now with no mullet.
Love.
Oh and she also now looks more freakishly like her big brother than ever before. Yes?
*My mom and dad just read that and melted. #ashleythrowback #bugginme
4 comments:
I'm really impressed that she didn't pitch a fit. What a trooper!
Very cute! So glad she didn't freak out on you - and she looks terrific!
Isn't it amazing how much they can change with just a few snips?
What a beautiful curly haircut! Love it!
Post a Comment