------------------------------------------------------------
| from: | Ashley Grice | ||
| to: | Erin Goettsch |
1. Exactly HOW FRUSTRATED were you? I've been so tempted to call Nathan P** and ask, but I feared he'd tell you I was behind it.
2. Did any other envelopes arrive? Should have been 3 more.
I LOVE YOU! Thanks for playing!
From Erin:
* I ended up answering both of those questions here. To sum up: Very, and yes.
**Y'all know she means Another Nathan, right? He actually has a legit last name, outside this blog. (Also heck yes he would have told me.)
In Which the Culprit
is Revealed
Dear Erin’s Readers,
Ok. I’ll ‘fess up.
Many moons ago, Erin ranted about preschool homework (her
words: "I think we've well covered how I feel about preschool homework").
This was the FIRST THING that popped into my head when “Liam” got a
chain letter from “Anneliese.” (Use of quotes permitted because CLEARLY the
letter was from Erin to me, and the assignment could not in any way, shape, or
form have been completed by Liam AT ALL.) (Not even ONE BIT.)
So, there I was. Stuck holding a chain letter. In the same
boat I found myself 20 (TWENTY!) years ago. (You know what we normally do with
chain letters now? DELETE THEM FROM THE INBOX.)
There are not 6 people in my life who I dislike enough that I
would actually send them a chain letter. Also, Liam doesn’t play with
stickers. But, I wanted Anneliese to get
her stickers! And I wanted to get back at Erin for passing along a stinking
1990’s chain letter! (WHO DOES THAT?)
Fortunately, I have friends around the country who are more
than happy to send pre-addressed,
pre-stamped, stuffed and sealed envelopes from their home towns. I sent Finn his stickers (he liked them! Yay!), then I mailed
ready-to-send envelopes, addressed to Anneliese from various fictional
characters, to friends around the country.
Please note: My friends are awesome and so, so helpful!
In the end, Anneliese was THRILLED! Erin was STUMPED! The
chain letter stops here!*** Everyone wins!
By the way, I have a brand-new smartphone and I no longer
use T9! And I use an rss feed (whatever that means) to read blogs on my
phone! Sadly, if I read those blogs on
the computer, I still type the address in the browser.
I will finish this riveting story with some advice. Should
you choose to imitate this prankish project, may I suggest the following
improvements:
1. Use different sizes/styles of envelopes (to
further confuse Erin). I was just lazy and used what I had in the desk.
2. Have 6 different kids address the envelopes, so
that each one has unique kiddie handwriting (to further confuse Erin).
3. Use different brands & styles of stickers
(to further confuse Erin).
You’re welcome!
Thanks for playing along in today’s mail mystery game!
Patiently awaiting my kiss on the mouth,
***Only your wing of it, dear sister. Besides the anonymous ones, we have kiddie stickers coming from five other arms of that chain. xoxo *mwah*
2 comments:
This is awesome! And hilarious. Love you both.
This is awesome! And hilarious. Love you both.
Post a Comment