This was one of our "easy" weeks this summer, without much scheduled. The following update format is shamelessly stolen from the lovely Emily.
LOVED THIS:
The kids and I made individual pizzas for dinner one night. It was a huge adorable mess. Charlotte ate more than she prepped. Who put that baby on the counter with a bag of cheese anyway?
TORMENTED BY THAT:
The sticker club mystery mail continues. Other chain letter replies are now coming in fast too (I think we can expect like thirty or something if everyone does it) but these anonymous ones are killing me. We have now added Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy, and a Herd of My Little Ponies to the list, with postmarks as far away as Texas and Alaska. I CANNOT EVEN. WHAT IS GOING ON? I have a few people I suspect (I don't know that many people with enough get-go and boredom to do something like this) but every time I think I have a lead, I get confused again.
(Not that I have the whole stack of envelopes on my nightstand to ponder over clues before I sleep at night or anything. *ahem*) (Every time I talk through my theories, Mark tells me my crazy is showing.)
(I told him I should totally be a professional mytery solver! He reminded me that is already a Thing, called a detective, and pointed out I am failing my first case. Well, then... hrmph.)
SWOONED AT THIS:
Sweet Charlotte has started reading to herself in the car. I mean, not just paging through books, but babbling along in a story voice. I can't quit it. (Nathan remains the king of the photobomb.)
SOBBED AT THAT:
So, what you think you're looking at is cutie Nathan holding his tee ball trophy, and you are. But what you don't see here is that I put the wrong time on the calendar, and we missed the last game. And awards. The photo we didn't take involves Nathan in his uniform, standing at the field with none of his teammates or coaches in sight, all long gone hours before. And crying. Next to me, also crying. MOM FAIL. I feel horrible and guilty every time I think about it. I know mistakes happen, but breaking your kid's heart over one kinda sucks like nothing else. The last game! His trembling lip! Waaaaahhhh! *sob*
But, I guess this is as good a time to show you his "official" YMCA tee ball pics. They are awkward and delightful.
First five people to speak for them can have one of these beauties for fridge mounting. It will come with a personalized note from Nathan. (Hopefully not deriding his mom for ending his season in disappointment. Okay and we're back to *sob*...)
TERRIFIED BY THIS:
There was a snake in the backyard. We don't think it was poisonous, but it was big and sort of scary and far less hesitant around us than we thought it would be. Like, slithered right up to us, and right up the swing set leg where Charlotte was standing. Yikes. I killed it with a shovel. It isn't the first snake I have killed but it was the hardest one. And the only one I ever killed in my church clothes. And I cried afterwards. Poor snakey. (Stay away from my baby though, for real.)
APPRECIATED THAT:
Y'all are such lovely people, with all your congrats messages and kind words on our anniversary last week. I don't think we knew how much of a milestone ten years really was until we told the internet, and people were so affirming. Whoa! Ten years! Sappy memories aside, that's kind of a big deal! Your emails and comments and thumbs ups and texts and high fives at church? All wonderful. You made a great weekend even better by being our friends who love and support us. Thank you so much.








6 comments:
Okay, forget being impressed by my family catching some boring fish...you KILLED a SNAKE. THAT'S my new "impressed by this..."
I want one!
I am baffled by this sticker club funny business going on. But at least A is getting stickers from cool people, right?
And I'm freaking amazed by your snake-killing skillz.
What is with the Bumgarner girls and SNAKES!!!???! I am petrified. Horrified. And overall would go completely, utterly, and terribly insane if I had to deal with a snake. No matter what the size. I actually pray that I don't encounter them.
I have stickers coming your way. I lost the chain letter and found it today during the purge. I will mail them out tomorrow and I'm sending one to A because its fun and cute and AWESOME to get real mail.
This is one of your best posts lately. I lurk and read them all, but I liked this one. Minus the snake. F*** that. HA!
I want a refrigerator T-ball picture magnet!!
I would like a fridge T-ball magnet too. Too late? My own fault for always being late.
As far as Mommy fail... it reminds me of Mark making it on the All Star team for the first time, but I already had signed him up for Marine Camp with a few friends. He cried for a whole day and I did my own crying.
Post a Comment