Thursday, May 8, 2014

Happy, Churchyard Edition

Our parenting transition back to real life after the cruise was... whoa. (Is it just me, or does time away make it hard to tell if the kids were always like This, or if This is normal, or if our tolerance for This has just changed, or if we needed some space to see that x and y and z parts of This are actually unacceptable? I don't know. I don't know!) (And Nathan has just been flat-out troubling. Respecting his privacy here, by request, by not detailing it -- but it has been complicated and hard in the way that raising children to be good polite decent humans is often complicated and hard.)

ANYWAY.

In the midst of both being overwhelmed by my children and drinking in their sweet presence that I had missed so much, we found ourselves rolling around in the grass outside church after youth choir. And they were playful and sweet and fun.


And it was exactly what I needed.

2 comments:

marmie said...

Love those happy pictures!!!

Elsha said...

Your kids are adorable.