Tuesday, June 10, 2014

At Home, Three Baby Girls

I'm at home with just the three girls -- Anneliese, Charlotte, niece Ali -- for a few more days, til Nathan's school is done and he makes our fourth for the summer (right now Ali comes a few minutes before he gets on the bus, and goes home a few minutes after, so I'm not doing a whole lot of juggling all four yet). Since my girls are done with preschool, and we are learning to work around Ali's naps, we have mostly just been home a lot for these past couple weeks. Which is... weird for us.

Anneliese continues to want to feed Ali at every chance possible:



Charlotte continues to insist for hours on snuggling with Ali, then hugs her for ninety-ish seconds, then is like, "okay thanks I'm all set, please give her back to mommy and Anneliese now." But it is cute while it lasts:


I continue to look for quiet activities for the big girls (whoa, is Charlotte one of the big girls now??) to do while the baby sleeps:

(Anneliese painted this to tape in Ali's crib upstairs, because she is the most adorable big cousin ever, yeah I said it:)

Charlotte continues to put on anything and everything she can get onto her person by herself, most often her cape which she wears while proclaiming herself super, which she pronounces soo-poo, and no one better ever correct her:

Some days are really fussy and I'm stir crazy, and some days are easier. And some days, this wee one gladly takes selfies and takes a bottle, and those days are pretty okay.

So yeah, we're figuring it all out.

No comments: