You know that Alvin and the Chipmunks Christmas album? Of course you know it. Everyone knows it. I'm pretty sure no one actually likes it (confession: I think I secretly do), but everyone knows it. We had it on a record (AN ACTUAL RECORD) when I was a kid, and I vaguely remember that it made my dad's ears bleed so much that he would only play it for us one time per Christmas. We would dance around like maniacs in the living room and shriek and sing along, because that makes it less annoying?
Anyway.
The girls did a little dance thing, a tiny show where they danced to a song with their class. And if there is anything that can convert folks (even my dad!) to finding this song adorable, it's Charlotte, dancing to "hula hoop" - behold:
(If you can't see the embedded video, click here to watch it on YouTube.)
Nothing about that video doesn't make me smile. Nothing.
The girls are in a class of mostly young kids, some a little wilder and more dramatic than others. Neither Anneliese nor Charlotte is the best dancer in the class but they pay attention and they try hard and they listen well, and they are so kind to the other kids. And that's lovelier for me to see than anything else they could do in there.
I'm so proud to be their mommy.
No comments:
Post a Comment