Thursday, March 25, 2010

Meanwhile, Back at the Ranch

This week while the rest of the family has been going on with our normal lives, this is how Nathan has been passing most of his afternoons. He wants to poop, he needs to poop... but he won't do it on the potty. He just sits there, reading and playing with his trucks. Forever. But it's still progress, kind of... right?
I think next week, when he is on "spring break" (a break for whom, exactly?) from preschool, we'll be doing some potty training in earnest. I think it's time for me to be a little more proactive with this process. Ideas? Hints? Help? Please send 'em my way.

5 comments:

TeeTee Lynn said...

My parents had some success with rewarding us with M&Ms or chocolate chips when we went in the "big potty." I know other people who had had success with this also...but then again, Dan's aunt tried it with his cousin, and the poor kid would just sit on the toilet for HOURS straining because he so desperately wanted more chocolate...

ashley said...

you know your son will be very mad at you when he's about 16 for posting this picture. :) Love it!

Mary said...

Hmmm. Tough situation, but here's something I'm noticing in the picture. Nathan's legs are hanging in mid-air, just like most kids' legs do when they are on the big potty. I don't know about you, but I have trouble going if a toilet is too high. Have you thought about putting a step-stool under his feet to give him a little support? (Dear golly! I feel like I've just revealed too much information!)

Kendra said...

This post totally just gave me another reason not to have kids. potty training?? ugh. Thanks for the birth control. :)

Erin G said...

kristi - we tried with yogurt raisins. no dice.

ashley - I know, his college fund might as well be his therapy fund.

mary - smart! we tried this and he seems more comfy!

kendra - you're welcome. anytime! :)