Monday, February 13, 2012

Internet Into Real Life

I have this friend of a friend, Caroline.  (I've mentioned her before. Maybe twice.)  She met my college friend Hope when they were both living in Scotland a few years ago, and then she got married and moved to Africa. (You know, like you do.)

But across the ocean and the equator, we've been internet friends.

And then Caroline (and Hope, but that's irrelevant for the point of this story) moved back to the states.  To North Carolina, actually.  To her tiny little hometown a few hours from Raleigh.

I KNOW.

So... basically this means we get to be friends in real life now, too.  She brought her husband (also Mark) and two baby boys to Raleigh for a weekend, and we got to hang out and talk and visit and play and take care of each other a bit. (And take not nearly enough pictures.)
Anneliese, Asher, and Nathan -- playing at our church
Nathan even shared his friend cars (friend cars = instant bonding)!
(That's Caroline watching. It's a blurry pic, but isn't she so pretty?!)
Nathan's first sleepover!
(We'll try not to remember the part where it ended in tears an hour later.)
;)

You know that thing where you first lay eyes on someone, and hug them, and have your first face-to-face conversation, yet it seems like you already know them?  And they're exactly how you knew they would be? 

That's a very cool thing. And that was Caroline.

And I feel very sure that's why God had Al Gore invent the internet.

2 comments:

Holly said...

"that's why God had Al Gore invent the internet."

I almost laughed out loud (but refrained b/c I would have woken the sleeping baby. which would have been a mommyfail).

carolinecollie said...

Ohmigosh you are so funny and I'm feeling slack for just now seeing this. I'm pretty much behind on the blog world ... even writing on my own! But I feel totally special and felt the same way and think you are awesome and have thought of you no less than thirty-seven times and wanted to call and just chat for a bit, so please let's do! Is there a "peaceful window" in your schedule these days?