Saturday, July 27, 2013

Dinosaur Pool Party

Nathan and I are headed to Montreat for a week for a youth conference, and Montreat (from what I can tell after two short afternoon visits last summer and last week) is where the internet goes to die. So who knows when this will be actually posted complete with pictures.

But. Nonetheless. We had a dinosaur pool party!

Yep, that is what Nathan asked for. Mark and I didn't know what it meant either. But it turned out very okay!

Inflatable dinosaurs! In a pool! What is a dinosaur pool party if not EXACTLY THIS?!

We cut slices of pizza into dino shapes with cookie cutters. Note: this is not for the faint of heart. Pizza-cookie-cutting is approximately one million times trickier than you are picturing it in your mind. I know, because I pictured it that way too. Um, nope.

I made adorable (if I can say so) (yep, I can) favor bags from foam masks. I loved them. They were maybe my favorite thing all day. Besides Nathan. Of course. My sweet big boy six-year-old. Okay whatever LOOK AT MY DINO BAGS THEY ARE SUPER.

Charlotte adopted and rode a new pet. You know, like you do.

We set up the table outside with paper and dino stencils and things to color.

We made a dinosaur cake complete with rocks and dirt, obtained in the form of toppings from a pay-by-the-ounce frozen yogurt place where Mark went and bought... just toppings. Parenting makes you do weird things, yo.

This is a portrait I like to call "Birthday Happy Frantic with Daddy and Paralophosaurus" (heck yes I know dinosaur names) (no I just flat-out lied, I had to ask Nathan before typing that) (and then google for spelling) (I am a sham of a dino-lover mother, is what I'm saying).

And then we opened presents and played. Oh and yes those are indeed dinosaur bones in that bowl. Thank goodness for Pinterest or I would have just thought they were yogurt pretzels. NOPE! Dinosaur bones.

Happy dino pool birthday, dear Nathansaurus.

3 comments:

EMU said...

SO cute! Six years of parenting has made you quite crafty, yo.

Emily said...

Aw his shirt is so cute! Does he love it, or does he roll his eyes and say, "Mo-om, you know this is really a triraptosaurus!" (totally made up dino name, in case you couldn't tell, because I know even less about them as you do, probably)

kendra said...

So creative! Awesome!