Okay so my day.
Our church did this Day of Service thing for the first time where they set up like ten different service projects with organizations we help support around town, and people could sign up to do one, and then come back in the evening for a worship service. Lovely, right? Lots of churches do days like this and it is a great idea and so fun and I am glad we tried it. It wasn't like, perfect; I have Many Opinions on several parts of it, but I am trying not to get hung up on those, because they are nothing new, and I am just thinking about the lovely parts. It was lovely!
(Wait! It was called Church in Action! I should be calling it by the right name! CHURCH IN ACTION.)
Basically I got the best job of the day because I was making a slideshow video (yes, like all my birthday videos) (I can do exactly one format; it is all I know) for the gathering of worship that evening (no, my church is not the kind that normally shows slideshows, this is a special informal evening worship service we do once a month (with many exceptions) and how
Here is where I start using the word lovely again.
It was a beautiful day out, and people were just... happy. Every room I went into, every place where I stopped, was just full of people laughing and there was this super ENERGY about it all. It's hard for me not to get caught in people's good moods in settings like that, and I did. A gym full of people in hair nets (sweet baby Nathan included) processing food packets. Pickup trucks full of people collecting bags of donations people left by their cars in the parking lot ("bumper crops!" you know that's cute). A classroom full of middle schoolers making hundreds of sandwiches. Preschoolers raking leaves at a community center. Sweet ladies and their granddaughters knitting blankets. Everyone laughing. Like, everywhere I went.
It was lovely and spirit-filled and lovely and happy and lovely.
And then I went back and had a frenzied hour of video editing and then got caught in a train of irritation about Things Not Going Right because nothing is ever perfect, but I am past that and back on the lovely train. And the drinky drink.
5 comments:
Seems to me that you folks did a lot more right than wrong that day. Nice work everyone, including the video.
So will you post the video?
So will you post the video?
It all sounds very.....lovely! And I bet taking pics was fun. Lovely, even. :)
I like this idea, though. For real.
Yep agreed. Days of Service/Churches in Action/Blessing the Bay Areas (um...our name for it) are pretty much always great ideas in my book!
Post a Comment