Tuesday, September 23, 2014

First of Fall

It's fall! Happy beautiful fall! To those of you who have refrained from drinking your pumpkin-spiced things until today, I thank you. You, my people, are part of the solution, instead of part of the problem. Here, have some bonus Erin-loves-you points.

It actually got legit chilly (well, NC version of chilly) this morning for the first time, and sometimes I like it when the the weather aligns perfectly with the calendar. It will get warm again, surely, and the leaves aren't changing yet, of course, but I did put a leaf sticker on my to-do list, so there's that.

(Yes, really.)

The kids put on warm(er) clothes which always makes me want to hug them extra. Charlotte (whose giant bruise is courtesy of falling out of her bed yesterday morning, oh my accident prone delicate flower) has been counting the days til she can wear this new owl sweatshirt, and when she put it on she kept saying "Bow owl has pockets!"

Yes, sweetie, the owl has a bow just like you always wear, and there are pockets, and I am delighted by your delight in those things. (The hood also has ears, which she says are her favorite part.)

Also mostly these days she just cries at everything and nothing (THREENAGER), so hey if this sweatshirt is what quells it, I will take it.

Nathan also eagerly pulled out his new favorite sweatshirt, from Montreat, and if this cooler weather means he stops asking to wear the yellow shorts every day, I will take that too.

Anneliese has been sad of late, and she did not want a picture (unusual for her, in any kind of mood), but rest assured she looked falldorable today too.

Welcome back, hoodie season!

1 comment:

ashley said...

Threenager! Love it! Stealing it!