Remember Nathan's beloved yellow shorts that he picked out for the first day of school? We have now had nine days of school, and Nathan has attempted to wear those shorts for -- no lie -- eight of them.
Y'all. I halfway didn't want to buy them because I wasn't sure what they would match. WELL. Turns out, they match everything. (According to Nathan.)
He comes down the stairs pretty much every day, with a new shirt, and these shorts. No matter how many times I explain that bright yellow shorts should make once-a-week appearance, tops, he isn't buying it, and he keeps trying. I have let him wear them way more than I should have, because I am tired of arguing about it.
This is what it looks like when your kid can't quit the same pair of shorts for the first two weeks of school:
And this is what is looks like on the few days you say no and make him change:
I think I missed the yellow shorts chapter in the What To Expect books.
10 comments:
OK. The every single day thing would drive me crazy, too, but I LOVE those yellow shorts. We Shus have a thing for colored pants/shorts, and I'm very much agreed that those yellow shorts match practically everything.
Also, your chalkboard sign is awesome.
Shades of Sean
Merritt! You know I did not make that sign. That pic is from his teacher. :)
He is a kid after my own, wear the same thing to pieces, heart. Bless him and his yellow shorts.
I'm reading this and then I'm reading Merritt's comments. And my brain goes "Erin is about to fuss at Merrittt because she didn't make that sign." I know you two people so well for having only met you like four? times collectively.
My little comment box thing won't let me backspace. Well it lets me backspace but then I can't type anymore. What the?? Anyhow, not that I think you COULDNT make that sign. I just knew you would have shown it to us by now if so. I'm rambling because if Tylenol PM and I can't backspace to sort out my thoughts. You're welcome.
Hahaha ERIN. Those comments just made me burst out laughing. (Hope you feel better!)
YES I have the SAME backspace/retype problem when I try to comment on my phone! I usually just give up and wait til I can get on my computer.
Also, I think Nathan is right...those shorts DO match everything.
I want an EVERYTHING IS AWESOME shirt. Love it. That would be my uniform every day- EVERYTHING IS AWESOME with yellow shorts.
Also how about my college friends talking to my Happy Valley friends and my India friends and my worlds are just crashing all into each other.
Ha! Oh man Kelley you're right, you're the common thread here! (Also I'm sure they sell those lego Awesome shirts in India. Just run out to Target, right?)
Post a Comment