I am weeks behind and was just pulling pictures off my phone and look what I found! We had a whole day of lemurs (which has turned into a lemur-chattery month) and I never blogged about it!
On labor day, Mark was working but Nick and Barbara were off (and therefore home with Ali), so it was a good day to do some big-kids things with just my three. We had an imax gift card from Nick and Barbara, so we decided to go see the 3-d movie about lemurs in Madagascar.
Not the animated one, this documentary one. And it was so good. If you have kids who like animals. watch it. It's under an hour. Recommend.
It was the perfect level of cute and informational for young kids, without being terribly dumbed down. Nathan loved it. (That kind of thing is totally his jam.) Anneliese hung onto it really well too, and Charlotte was also amused, although it took us all day to convince her they were lemurs and not "silly jumping monkeys." When she finally decided they were lemurs, she pronounced it wee-muh, which is, well, hella cute, and also only one of the reasons lemurs are my new favorite animals.
Want to know all the reasons? Sure you do.
1- they're freaking cute
2- they're prehistoric primates, they survived what killed the dinos!
3- the females are in charge
4- they communicate by singing! like whales!
5- wee-muh, in Charlotte's sweet voice
I'm not even that into science or nature, I mean, it's fine, whatever, I'm not usually particularly fascinated by it or anything. But I am so taken with these lemurs. There's a lemur center up the road at Duke, and we will totally be going there soon. I've got my eye on you, Groupon.
So anyway after the lemur movie we went to the science museum for lunch (it sounds random, but a delicious family of restaurants here in Raleigh has one of their locations at the science museum, and they have the best iced coffee in town, and it's a very cool place we like).
We ate, and then we gave three cheers for Charlotte going potty in a public bathroom (her first time not at home! wooo hoooo!) so we didn't feel in a rush to get home. We wandered through the museum for a while, saw some whales and water and weather exhibits.
When the girls and I got scienced out, we hauled Nathan away from his fun! facts! and picked out some wax paper dinosaur silhouettes to make stained glass decorations for the bonus room windows.
(I remember when I used to think I would never have such tackiness in my house. Hahahahaaaaa, 2007 Erin, you're cute.)

No comments:
Post a Comment