Sunday, February 3, 2008

Groundhog What? and Bumgarner Ears

Apparently the groundhog here in Raleigh, Sir Walter Wally (I wish I were kidding), saw his shadow yesterday, which means we're in for another six weeks of winter. Um, I'm not sure God got the memo from Wally. The weather today is gorgeous... about 70, and sunny.


It reminds me of that song by Darrell Scott ... "it's a great day to be alive; I know the sun's still shining when I close my eyes." Nathan did get that memo, by the way -- we were standing outside this afternoon after church waiting for the library to open, and he turned his little face towards the sun and fluttered his eyelids, half-smiled, then fell asleep. I've always said that if God will let me be whatever I want to be in heaven, then I choose mud turtle. I got it honest from my mom, and I think Nathan must have a little of it in him, too, based on his sun-dozing this afternoon.

Speaking of Nathan getting a little of me in him... one of the nursery workers at church this morning, who hadn't seen him in almost a month, couldn't believe how much he suddenly looked like me. Is this true? Mark and I determined last week (from the picture below) that while he got the big-ear gene from both sides, it looks like he specifically got mine - Bumgarner ears!


I don't know - I still think he looks more like Nathan than like Mark or me. But aside from some very Daddy features, like his lips and his eyes, I think he might be showing some more Mommy. Definitely in the nose and in the fact that he can't seem to keep his mouth shut.

For more pictures of our family at home over the last month, click the Nathan icon below. There are also (finally) pictures of last weekend's Birthday and a Half festivities as well, which I have linked to from that post.

Image hosted by Webshots.com
by mgoetts

4 comments:

Ryan D. said...

I LOL'ed at the ears... and a great photo to showcase them! I don't know what you're talking about when you say he isn't growing as fast as you'd like... or whatever... because just seeing pictures online and not seeing him everyday... let me assure you, he's growing... and FAST!

P.S. You must show me how you used a picture as a link.

Erin G said...

yeah, this picture does make him look huge, huh? he's growing just fine for ME! :)

I'd like to tell you I'm a genius as html code, but really I just copied the "embed this thumbnail as a link" code from webshots.

Anonymous said...

I love this picture! Can't wait to see you soon.

Anonymous said...

this? is an Adorable Baby Photo. and it's not a bad one of mommy, either!