Some of the nerds I have crushed on through the years:
1.) Clark Kent, as I mentioned above. Probably my first nerd love. Don't make me pick my favorite actor who's played him... I love them all.
2.) Doogie Howser, MD. How could you not have loved Neil Patrick Harris in this role when you were a kid? Smarter than his parents, has his own money, and cute! Oh and he can sing, too. Mmmm NPH, why can't I quit you?
3.) Harry Potter. Dark, handsome, again with the glasses. I'm drunk with his power. And Daniel Radcliffe is just as hott as I pictured Harry in the books.

4.) The ultimate nerd... Henry Grubstick. I do not know what it is about this geek that makes my heart race, but something does. Maybe that he always does the right thing. Maybe that he's smart. Maybe that he loves an imperfect woman. Christopher Gorham is not geeky at all in real life, which is unfortunate... I find him infinitely hotter playing the role of nerdy Henry.
5.) And of course... my own Mark. I'm sure the rest of you just see a handsome successful man taking care of his family, but I want to let you in on a little secret: he has kind of a dorky past. (Not judging, I do too. And as we've established, it totally works for me.) Amazing brain, chess club, senior math award, band geek, multiple degrees in engineering... my man has all the geek potential but twice the hotness of all these others. He's really grown into his hotness over the years, don't you think?
His 'amazing brain' factor just got upped this week when he got news that he has passed the PE Exam, making him officially a Professional Engineer. I mean, he was already employed in his profession as an engineer, but now he has this title to go with it. It means that not only can he be an engineer for his company, he can take legal responsibility for other engineering work, if he signs off on it. (Which sounds only moderately useful, actually.)
But I am crazy proud of him, since the exam he sat for (in October) took like nine hours, and years of preparation. (He actually passed the first half of the certification, Fundamentals of Engineering or something, back in 2003... it was equally as hard, apparently.) This is kind of like the engineering equivalent of an attorney passing the bar exam, or a doctor passing board certification.
Anyway he's amazing, actually far less nerdy than I pretend he is (I need to believe I'm the cooler half of the marriage), and I love him more than I ever thought I could.
3 comments:
1) Congrats Mark.
2) As your reward you should ask her to take those pictures down.
3) Can't wait to see you guys in just a few days!
Mmmm... 16 year old Mark in a swimsuit... please, please, PLEASE let me dream about him instead of Clark Kent (If you know what I mean)! :-)
Very cute pictures! And congratulations, Mark!!!! You've come a long way, and I am sooo proud of you!
No, Don't take the slide show down- I LOVE it!
And I love how both of you have grown up physically (as the slide show demonstates!), mentally, and emotionally over the DECADE plus you have been together.
Two wonderful nerds. or geeks.
What is the difference in a nerd and a geek? Really, look it up for me in the OED, please.
Post a Comment