Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Now That's Tired

When I came home from church tonight, I found the tv (tuned to espn, of course) blaring to no one, the dogs sprawled on various pieces of furniture, and Mark totally knocked out on the couch himself, his legs propped up on one of the couch's arms... wearing only one shoe. I'll say that again: wearing only one shoe.

Have you ever been so (soberly) tired that you took one shoe off and were asleep before you could do the second one? Yeah me neither.

Mark said he thinks it was something about kicking one of them off in his sleep due to an itchy foot, but I don't buy it. Because that doesn't explain how there was also one (not homemade, but home-baked) cookie left uneaten on the table next to him. Who leaves one warm cookie, chocolate chips melting in the center, uneaten? It's just unnatural. Unless you're half-asleep that is, and tired enough to nod off in the middle of taking off your shoes.

Which is why I'm pretty sure he really was that tired.

No comments: