I have been getting asked a lot of the same questions, and I realized I didn't provide much info in my original post. So here goes:
1.) When is Beanie due? Oct 7, as determined by ultrasound - so I think this will be a more accurate due date than we had for Nathan!
2.) Why do you call the baby Beanie? I don't know, I guess because it looks like a bean? I think Mark started it. Maybe he will de-lurk and give an answer in the comments.
3.) Are you going to find out the gender, or be surprised? Yes, and yes. It's always a surprise to find out the gender, no matter when or how you find out. We'll be having our surprise in an ultrasound room on April 29, assuming Beanie will cooperate and spread 'em.
4.) Are you hoping for a boy or a girl? I guess the politically correct thing would be to say that I don't care as long as it's healthy. And the reality is I will love a boy or girl, of course. But if I'm being honest (and I've been too open about this in the past not to be honest now!), I am hoping for a girl again. And Mark is too, this time.
5.) Was it really a surprise? Um, yes. The word surprised doesn't actually quite do it for me, though. Astounded comes closer. There are plenty of women out there who are surprised, but there is a big difference in not trying and trying not to. This is a 1% baby. But God has overcome crazier things than birth control to create life (hello, remember this headline? Baby in Virgin Turns Out to be GOD), so it's clear to me that I am being called to parent this child. Expected or not, I want to step up to that task. Thankfully I have nine months to get over the shock, get on board, and get ready. It really might take that long this time!

6.) Have you told your parents? No, they found out on the internet. Yes, of course we have told our parents! It was hard for me to say out loud at first (the reality is even now still settling in, if I'm being honest), so in two cases we let Nathan tell them, with his new t-shirt. In both cases, Nathan vomited on the shirt before they got to notice it. [sigh] the best laid plans...
7.) How do you feel? Tired. Much more so than with Nathan's pregnancy. But with a nasty spell (of difficulty keeping food down) now behind me, things are looking better.
8.) When you say "ready or not," what do you mean? I mean... this wasn't our first choice of timing. Because of the return of my hives (oh yes indeed), this year's tight budget, my recent move to a high-deductible health insurance plan, my own insecurities about being able to give enough attention to two children, my reluctance to get out of the workforce in this economic climate, the fact that I haven't yet completely weaned the first one (but we're oh-so-close), that I am more than fifty pounds heavier than when I got pregnant with Nathan and thus am feeling very unhealthy... it's just a little overwhelming. But Beanie is in there, and there's only one way out. So... let's roll.
9.) Is this really the result of a New Years Goal to be a better wife? Almost certainly. And I know two other people following Jill's challenge who are unexpectedly in the same situation I am. We decided she needs a pregnancy disclaimer on her site.
10.) Are you really going to try to ride a camel in Dubai, even though you're knocked up? Yes. Don't judge me. And don't tell the guides either.
11 comments:
Thanks for posting the due date - I need to start planning for Baby Blanket No. 2 :-)
I thought you called the kid Beanie because that was going to be his/her nickname (or proper name, I'm not judging). And don't think I'm not going to call them that through adulthood.
the due date actually WAS in the original post, in the bottom right corner of the picture it says EDD: Oct 7, 2009. But unless you hang out with OBs all the time (and why would you if you're not pregnant), you probably don't call it an EDD, but a DUE DATE like everyone else in america. so LOTS of people asked about the due date!
I am looking forward to another blanket!
Erin, this is really exciting news! I enjoyed reading your post. Congratulations to you, Mark, and Nathan!
I know you were surprised, and are still adjusting to the idea; but I'm really excited for all of you. Beanie couldn't be placed in better hands, despite your misgivings.
And yes, I may join Neil in calling him/her "Beanie." I sort of like it.
Love Dad
Hey - congratulations! I'm so behind-the-times; I just saw your initial announcement. I'm sure your latest development will enjoy riding a camel...
Erin, can I just say..I love your blogs. Congrats on your bean!
Nemo and Beanie.......my grandbabies! gotta love it!
And is is just chance that Nathan barfed on the shirt before he could announce it to granparents? twice? Or is he making his editorial comment.......
Congrats on Beanie! How fun!
Yay, so excited for you!!! I've meaning to come by and congratulate you. I'm trying not to be a slacker, really I am . :)
Yes, my morning sickness was intense on our 24 (!!!) hour flight. And it STILL hasn't gone away... I'm 15 weeks yesterday. UGH. It's actually getting kind of depressing- I am so ready to not feel nauseous anymore. Anyway, I'm done complaining. :)
I love that you all the baby beanie. :) Maybe we should call mine barfy. lol.
ashley and hope - thanks! and congrats to you two as well!
girl names we have... but if it's a boy, he really might be Beanie. :)
Post a Comment