By the time you are reading this, Nathan and I have joined my mom on a trip across the country! She has a favorite aunt in northern California, so we are flying from Charlotte to San Francisco (via Atlanta), and then driving several hours north along the pacific coast highway to Mendocino.Given Nathan's recent propensity for carsickness, please pray that the flight (and drive!) keep my child vomit free.
Given my recent extreme sensitivity to smells, please pray that if there is vomit, I can keep my own upchuck reflex under control.
Given the early flights, crossing of three time zones, and switch to daylight savings on Sunday morning right before our return, please pray for good rest, quick recovery from jet lag, and no fussiness. And I clearly mean for Nathan and for me.
Oh! And pray for the people sitting near us on the plane, if fussiness commences despite lots of prayer intervention. I think this shirt from Milkbomb is just too funny, but I'm just going to have to enjoy its humor here in a blog post instead of on Nathan in real life, since it's against my religion to pay $20 for a baby shirt.We're really excited about our trip! Mendocino is gorgeous, as is the redwood forest just north of there. Mark and I visited in 2004 and we loved it (pictures here). I hope to have lots more pictures and memories by the end of the week.
1 comment:
Awesome!!! Enjoy your trip! I've been to northern CA once and it was so breathtaking. I can't wait to take Steven (and our kids, hopefully) someday!
Have fun! And many prayers for no fussiness or sickness... and restful nights.
Post a Comment