Oh yeah, it's a whole channel of this. I wish I were kidding. We have come a long way from the days having to watch our fake fires on VHS, haven't we?
My grandparents bought one of those VHS tapes, and made us watch it (with interest and vigor, not just let it add whatever canned ambience might have been possible). The extra tape copy they got for our family might or might not have met a sudden and tragic early death at the hands of my parents. (To be fair, I don't really know what happened to the tape, but Mom and Dad are at the top of the suspect list.) This televised fireplace is the best way I know to remember my Grandpa S this Christmas. He would love this channel, and he would be pleased that we're watching it.
May your days be merry and bright, and may all your yuletide fireplaces be in HD.
3 comments:
They have a Jack O' Latern for Halloween too!!
Shhhh, kids! The log is about to fall! Watch, watch........ oooooooooh.... did you see the sparks? Wow, good thing it didn't roll out of the fire!
It slipped my mind that this us our first Christmas sans Schnackenberg. Thanks for this post. They really would have appreciated it. :)
the background music isn't too bad.......there was a quite nice "O Tannenbaum" that I enjoyed on the bike trainer. How pitiful that we have all found this channel......
Post a Comment