But no one wants to read about my pissiness, and honestly I don't feel like articulating it for the blogworld even if people did want to read it (so there).
So in the absence of real writing, I'm sharing five nuggets of internetty goodness which are totally amusing me and helping reverse my mood.
1.) All you other BSC fans out there (you know who you are, the ones who didn't need to google what BSC means) -- this slideshow from The Frenemy is hilarious. (Read far enough to get to Jessi; hers might be the best.)
2.) This picture from failblog makes me like thirty-five kinds of happy. Serious win. (Even if you don't live with a Nathan, it's a win.)
3.) Astronauts tweeting pictures from space? Yes please. Can you imagine looking out your window and snapping a picture like this (Hurricane Earl a few weeks ago)??? And the rest of the pics are equally stunning.
4.) For all of us who grew up in the IM and texting generation (yes, I count myself in that us! What? I'm not even thirty* yet!), this video is funny because it's true:
5.) I'm internet-famous again. (In some internet circles anyway.) I wrote an article a few weeks ago for a site called The Cloth Diaper Whisperer. (Yes, that's really a website.) The content will seem familiar, since it's mostly recycled from a couple of posts I've written here, but you should go read it anyway. Because getting comments on other people's websites makes me feel even more important and loved than getting them here. You want to make me feel important and loved today, right? Especially today.
So there you have it. Today's post: lazy blogging at its finest. You're welcome. :)
*Brace yourself, I plan on saying this as much as possible over the next month.



6 comments:
1. Yes, the BSC slide show is hilarious. But it is SO wrong. Oh so wrong. First, those girls have got be in their mind-30s, and second, just no. That is not how those girls turned out. Not. at. all.
2. Love the FB chat video. FB wasn't around when I started dating JEU, but oh how I would love to have copies of some of our IM conversations from right before we started dating. I'm sure we did a lot of writing and erasing and rewriting! :)
3. Wahoo! Love your article! You've gotten lots of comments! :)
4. Girl, OWN 30! Don't run and hide.
Mary Ann would so never have broken up with Logan! MAS & LB forever!
Just sayin'.
The rest I can kind of see happening.
HOLY CRAP ERIN!!! Your almost 30!!!! :)
I was gonna say the same thing about how many wrong things there were. Mary Ann is too shy to be a beauty queen; Stacey has diabetes, so she'd be more careful than doing drugs (in my don't-know-much-about-coke-opinion); Kristy had a relationship with Bart, a male (the lesbian thing was too easy for them, they should've been more creative), etc...
Just so you know, I was OBSESSED with BSC. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one!
I loved the fb chat video. I actually have copies of lots of my AIM chats with Steven from our dating years (seems like ages ago now) and this makes me want to go back and read them. I guess I was just as sentimental then (maybe even more so) to actually save them and print them out... but I'm SO glad I did.
I hope *today* has been awesome for you!!
Ha! Some of those BSC things were spot-on (Jessi? Dawn?) but you're right, some of them were just lazy (Kristy) or plan wrong (Mary-Ann).
And don't worry, I'm not scared of thirty. I'm actually looking forward to my 30s. Maybe I'll finally feel like a real grown-up. And clearly my brother will start viewing me as one. {sigh}
Post a Comment