Thursday, September 9, 2010

Tigers and Tar Heels: Divided Loyalties

Just this week, Nathan has finally mastered the art of putting on his own shorts.  (Mastered meaning: at least half the time they end up backwards or hanging off his booty. But we're still calling it a win.)  So getting-dressed time is much more fascinating for him now, and he cares so much more about choosing his own outfit than he used to.

This is what he came up with on Monday:
Why must he *cheese* so hard that his eyes close??  I mean really.
Half Clemson, half Carolina (the real Carolina, in case there's anyone out there still questioning this).

I'm sure Daddy was grumbling a bit about the heresy of those tar heel shorts mucking up the beauty of an all-orange ensemble.  But I can think of a few people (including a Grandpa, two aunts, two uncles and a handful of friends) who will be pretty pleased with his seemingly divided loyalties.

That tiger paw might be holding strong, but we do, after all, live in tar heel country. :)

3 comments:

TeeTee Lynn said...

Where's the Furman purple? :)

Neil said...

Those are some really nice shorts. I always knew Nathan was a good kid.

Erin G said...

Kristi - sadly he outgrew the only furman shirt he had. Anneliese is wearing it now. Hmmm, we should probably remedy that. :)