Thursday, May 3, 2012

Feedy Girl

I've been stuck at home today, partly because we're working on potty training Anneliese which means we're sticking close to the potty, duh, but mostly because we are switching our cable providers and for some reason our house has apparently been an an usually complicated cable-connecting case and the guy has been here for SEVEN HOURS and even had to call in backups.  Yep.

(At least he's nice. And not unhott. In an old-enough-to-be-my-dad kind of way. Don't judge.)

But DON'T PANIC, I have had internet almost all day. Aside from a few minutes this morning when our cable was all disconnected and my phone couldn't find 3G service, a problem which I figured out how to fix pretty soon, I haven't been without. WHEW. Close call. Oh internet, my precious.

Anyway.

We've been home all day with nothing on our agenda but pump Anneliese full of juice, let her run around naked, sprint for the potty occasionally, and watch the cable guy fix our tv.

So I thought, why not spice this day up a bit and give sweet little Charlotte a milestone of her own?

Enter puffs. Finger food. Self-feeding. In a big-girl high chair. (Aside: we live in a world where high chairs are big-girl things? Yes we do.) My little tiny youngest don't-ever-grow-up baby is feeding herself do I grin or cry I don't know it's all so much and aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!
OH THE PUFFS I HAZ THEM

Also, she has already perfected the Goettsch Baby Signature Slump.  But one of these days she'll be sitting up on her own and I'll be sad/happy about that too, so for now I'm just going to call this particular gross motor delay ADORABLE and be done with it.  Slump ftw.

No comments: