Thursday, September 20, 2012

Awkward at El Señor

So Anneliese's preschool teacher casually mentioned (and then emailed) (twice) (and sent a letter home) that they would like a family picture for each child to display in one section of their classroom.

Yeah, sure, that's no big deal. We take family pictures all the time. I'll just print one of the myriad options I have lying around here and send it in. Hahahahaha. No.

We can't even get all of us to look at the camera at the same time, much less look pleasant and smiley (or god forbid, thin!) while doing it.

Yeah so the best option I had when school started was this little gem (you think I'm kidding but I'm not). I almost sent it in with her. (I was talked out of it.)

Then last week we found ourselves in Knightdale, to eat Mexican at the best Mexican restaurant ever a completely regular Mexican restaurant (no matter what Mark says about its superiority, I assure you the best Mexican food ever is not found in a grocery store strip in freaking Knightdale) (although I do like it too and we have had many happy family meals there) (I digress). And in a moment of pure genius (genius? something) we took advantage of sweet Another Nathan, ever at the ready with his phone, and had a little family photo shoot.

At the El Señor.

In Knightdale.

Yknow, like you do.



To be fair, we did get one blurryish shot where Charlotte isn't face-palming the fact that she's related to the rest of us (and that's the one we sent to Anneliese's teacher), but that's not as funny, now is it.

OHANDPLUSALSO. The family pic wasn't even the hardest part of what we were to send in to preschool. We I had another of those delightful all-about-me collages to make. I think we've well covered how I feel about preschool homework, so instead of making you all roll your eyes again, I will just show you our my masterpiece.

heck yes I let that  El Señor pic do double duty by appearing in this collage
(expect to see it in your Christmas cards too, just sayin)

(Anneliese helped a little.)

Now you may praise me.

2 comments:

marmie said...

Good work! Nice collage!

merritt said...

Ha! I need to send in a picture also. But your process to get one is way funnier than mine.

Maybe you could start an online business in which you do homework for the preschool moms who don't want to do it since you love it so much. I'm sure there is a market for it. :)