Sunday, October 18, 2009

Aunt Ashley and Uncle John

Anneliese got to meet her Aunt Ashley today! She and John came up for the afternoon to see both kids. Nathan was very excited to get some special Ashley love, and Anneliese slept contentedly in both Ashley's and John's arms.... which I'm pretty sure means she likes them too. :)I'm used to seeing Ashley cuddling my kids, and she's always had such a nurturing/maternal instinct anyway that it seems perfectly normal to see her in that role. But it was surprising and fun for me to see John cuddling Anneliese while he watched a football game. It looked very natural on him too! I'm excited for Ashley and John to get married already and start making babies of their own. Since they spoil my kids, I reserve the right to become one of those annoying people in their lives who nags them about baby-making. Get on it, you two!

Ashley also pointed out that with Anneliese drinking bloody milk, she's sort of a vampire baby. But we'll refrain from calling her Renesmee, or from thinking of her as a vampire in any way. If we focus our brains very hard, we can follow emu's "strawberry milk" idea -- which Mark is a lot more comfortable with! Only when Ashley and I are together would vampires even enter the discussion!!

We also took Anneliese to church for the first time this morning. I think people were kind of surprised to see me -- last Sunday I was singing in the choir, very very pregnant. And then
today I was there with the baby all snuggled into the Moby wrap (I wanted as few people to be tempted to touch her as possible!) and dozing through the service. I know some people say you're not supposed to take a baby out in public so soon, but I really needed to get out of the house, and the timing worked well with her feedings for us to be able to make it to worship.
Which I think we both needed. Something about being out and about just makes me feel more human, you know?

But at the end of the day we were both definitely exhausted. I didn't even know Mark took this picture until I just found it on our camera. It kind of sums up the mood of our evening.

6 comments:

ashley said...

Her disco shirt did not show up in the picture!

Erin G said...

well I didn't post that one. :)

I did just re-post with a second picture of john, can you see that one?

Mary said...

It should be positively illegal to be as cute as Anneliese is.

marmie said...

AAaahhhh, now I must figure out when **I** get to cuddle that precious one. No, the precious TWO- Erin is still MY baby. well, make it THREE- Nathan will always get special hugs. And FOUR- I want to give a big heartfelt hug to marvelous Mark as well.

OK, OK, can't overlook Bowden and Simon- make it six. But I promise not to scratch ears and tummies except for the latter two.

Chelle said...

She is so precious! Kudos for making it to church....David took Sara by himself this week, but I'm dying to get back into a sense of normalcy.

Erin G said...

mary - thank you. :) we think she's precious but we also acknowledge we could never see her any other way as her parents, so we're FAR from objective!

mom - so COME! whenever!

chelle - yes, do it! you will feel so much better.