We started off the day with pumpkin pankcakes. I thought I would be creative, but maybe I shouldn't have been... they were ok, but not great. .
We spent the afternoon relaxing. Well, Nathan and Mark relaxed and watched football and napped, while Anneliese decided she wanted to be rocked and soothed for hours. But I still enjoyed the snuggle time with my sweet little girl, I won't lie.
Then we got the kids dressed up! Last year Nathan dressed up as a giraffe (because that's the costume I got for free online) and this year he dressed up as a skunk (because that's the costume I got from my mom) and
We trick-or-treated with our neighbors (they have a 1-year-old son, right in between our kids' ages) for a while. I pushed Anneliese in the stroller, but didn't get too close to any houses (again with the keeping people's fingers away). Nathan was sort of timid, but he could usually be coaxed to say trick or treat, even if it was quiet! He got tired pretty quick (being close to his bedtime didn't help), and he told us that a couple of other kids costumes were too scary!
It was really muggy and warm out, though, so when we got home he was begging us to take his costume off! When we got it off, we could see why: he had been sweating buckets under there!
And he raked in some good loot for mommy and daddy! He doesn't really eat candy, but we let him have the pretzels out of his goody-pumpkin. And he also got a capri sun juice pouch from someone's house, which we'll let him drink as well. Everything else is for us!!
Happy Halloween, everyone!
by mgoetts
3 comments:
The skunk is awesome! I don't think I've ever seen a skunk outfit before. And of course the pea is adorable too.
Very cute!
Like you, Steven and I will be eating ALL of Isaac's candy... :) I figure in the next few years he'll eat enough to make up for us taking his now...
Your family is precious. Wish we could have trick-or-treated with y'all!
Too cute! Don't worry: we recycled our dragon costume this year because I didn't have the time (or $$) to buy a different costume. Since Sara didn't care and the dragon still fit, that's what she wore. :)
Post a Comment