Thursday, October 8, 2009

Inoculated... and Famous

Our county got a shipment of H1N1 vaccines this week, and Nathan was in the first round of people to become eligible for inoculation.

I kind of wanted to roll my eyes at the whole thing, but considering our house will have a newborn sometime this week, I figured it was probably worth getting him vaccinated (he's the most likely in our family to bring it home anyway) even if it was a madhouse. Certainly easier to do it today than later on, considering I'd better be in labor soon.

The good news is, it wasn't a madhouse. Just a handful of people with younger kids, getting vaccinated and curiously watching at the non-hype that the tv crews were filming. Yaaaay for people being reasonable and not buying into the media frenzy! While we were there, Mark got vaccinated too (I guess they figured a past-due mommy qualifies as us living with a newborn... which technically we don't... yet).

The news cameras were there (probably disappointed that there was no frantic crowd) and since I didn't come across as a complete idiot, I thought I'd share the clip of the interview they did.

Mark, Nathan and I are famous on the local news:

(If for some reason the embedding doesn't work -- and I don't have much faith that it will -- you can click here to watch it on the news station's site.)

6 comments:

Kendra said...

you did good!

ashley said...

I, not me. :) Sorry for being a butt.

Erin G said...

haha, you're right, I fixed it. :)

Mary Cham said...

i looooooooooove nathan!!!!!!!!!!!! and you, of course!

EMU said...

Since when are 24 year olds "children?" I mean, I know some might act like they're 5, but medically speaking, considered children???

Erin G said...

yeah I thought that wording on the news was weird too. I actually think it's a push to consider an 18yo a child, medically speaking - once you're through puberty, you have the body of an adult, IMO.

Also, even after we pronounced it for them like six times (on tape) they STILL didn't get our name right.

Local news, what can you do? :)