Well, as much as we do anything on a whim (that's to say, not much... quasi-whimsical at best): Mark got the idea Friday night. I vetoed since we didn't have enough time to get ready. But when he was disappointed (and when Nathan got up well before 7am the next morning anyway) I decided to stop being a fun killer and just go with it.
So we did.
(Look! Look at my whimsy! I'm totally spontaneous and light-hearted and fun-loving! I AM!!)
It's just under two hours from our house to Wrightsville Beach. So it made for a perfect day trip.
Anneliese turned on a beachy grin:
Nathan dug holes in the sand and built castles:
Anneliese helped... kind of:
Everyone (else) sported some tiger paw caps:
Anneliese ate
The kids and I danced our way through a picnic lunch:
Anneliese found a shady spot for a snooze:
Nathan and I splashed in the surf:
And we all had awesome beach hair by the end of the day, even Anneliese:
Such a fun family day! I should totally be more whimsical and spontaneous all the time, don't you think?
For more pics of our day at the beach, click below on Nathan at the ocean.
by mgoetts







5 comments:
you have the sweetest, most well-behaved, most fun, cutest, and most perfect kids that ever lived. ever. Just sayin. :)
Yay for you for being so spontaneous.
And I'm totally amazed Anneliese can just take a snooze in the middle of the beach. Finn would never do that.
I was gonna say the same thing Merritt did about my girls never snoozing somewhere out of the ordinary like that! I'm glad your kids liked it, and didn't do an Annabel level scream fest.
Ashley - I LOVE you. :)
Merritt and Emily - what's funny is that my kids never sleep when we're "out and about" either. Anneliese's beach nap lasted oh about 7 minutes and the sheer number of pictures we took to capture the moment proves it's something of an anomaly! It did look sweet though. :)
Love it!
Your kids look so happy. AND so grown up!!!
Glad I read the comments cause I was wondering about that beachside nap... didn't think your kids were on-the-go nappers... but there's a first for everything right?! Even if it is only 7 minutes! And you got pictures, so that's totally awesome in my book. ;)
Post a Comment