Some kids ask where babies come from. My child has a different version of that question.
Nathan: Where do airplanes come from, mommy?
Me: !!!!!!! ... Well, from the factory, I guess.
N: What kind of factory?*
Me: From the airplane factory.
N: What kind of airplane factory?
Me: I don't know, sweetie, just a regular airplane factory.
N: Ooooh, from the airplane mommy at the factory??
Me: Well, not really. Probably workers made it with machines.
N: What kind of machines?
Me: Machines that make airplanes.
N: Where did this airplane come from? (holding toy from my mom)
Me: Nathan, I don't... I just... {deep breath} ... from a factory, too.
N: What kind of factory?
Me: Nathan. Just. a. factory.
N: (laughing) No, it didn't!... Did this airplane come from Marmie?
Me: {sigh} Well, yes. Yes, it did.
This round of awkward toddler questioning brought to you by my mother, who apparently can add "birthing toy airplanes at an unspecified factories" to her list of bizzare talents.
*This is Nathan's follow-up question to every. single. question. he asks. Anyone want him for an afternoon?
7 comments:
He is such a thinker!! So cute! :) BTW, I'm trying to figure out how you got that picture of him standing up, but there are feet in the background... fancy camera antics I guess... it definitely gave me a chuckle!
haha Betsy! :) I'm sure you can attest to his "what kind of yada yada" comments from having him for three days!!
I don't think he's standing, I think he's kneeling (sitting?) behind the ottoman. Those are my feet on the couch behind him... must have been Dad behind the camera.
I can completely visualize this conversation. Very cute (because I'm not the one that has to answer all the questions. tehe!).
Glad there are not sharp pointed wings to deal with when birthin' babies!
mom - because the whole thing is reasonable and simple and easy, but WINGS would make it too hard? Yeah... no.
You should consider getting him a book, like The Way Things Work, but for airplanes.
Maybe there is a virtual tour for Boeing on their tour center website? http://www.futureofflight.org/
Post a Comment