Friday, April 6, 2012

Pretty Much a White House Lawn Event

So, we went to this egg hunt with the well-kepts of Raleigh. It was hosted by my friend Kelly who is cool and fun and a beautiful singer, who has two children very close to Anneliese and Charlotte's ages, who I know and like from various mommying and choir things around church, and who would never host any eastery event that was much less than what you'd find on the white house lawn. She's extremely down-to-earth small-town southern on one hand, and on the other... yeah. Well-kept.

Anyway.

Kelly and her family are lovely people, and it was a great way to spend a fun afternoon with the kids. They played on the swingset, pulled each other in the wagon, hunted for eggs, and ate snacks.

I sat in a comfy adirondack chair and chatted.
Chancel Choir babies! (with Kelly and baby Eva)

And collected compliments about my new sandals.

And pretended to be better kept than I really am. (Real Housewife of Anderson Heights? Check.)

And we left with cute favors of graham crackers, chocolate bars, peeps, and a well-wish for s'more fun next year. Oh yes she did.

Let's call this one a well-kept win.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why does Nathan look like he is about 8 years old in that swing picture???

Erin G said...

I know right?! Every once in a while we get a pic that makes one of them look SO. MUCH. OLDER. than they are. And then I cry a little.