Here are five things I learned at Furman.
Not when I was there as a student (I learned at least seven things then, I mean come on) but when Another Nathan and I both had (unrelated) down time in the Charlotte area and I decided instead of killing a day there, I should take him down to The Bubble and show it off.
Here's what I learned.
1.) I am damn proud of my beautiful alma mater and my time as a student there.
(And of my newfound instagramming abilities.)
2.) The PalaDen still has chicken caesar wraps and they still add extra crunchies on request.
3.) Nathan's organ geekiness gets somewhat adorable when it manifests with him sitting at Furman's new(ish) Fisk, taking tennis shoes to the pedals, staring up at the pipes while he plays. Yes?
(PS he approves of our organ.) (Go paladins.) (And FU all the time.) (This seems organ related.)
4.) The smell of roses is a Furman thing for me. Why I never made the connection until a decade after I went there, I don't know. But standing there by the lake in the rose garden, it's not just that it felt like Furman and looked like Furman, it smelled like Furman. And there's something about smells being closely tied to memories that is oh so true.
5.) We are losers who forgot to take any pictures together on campus. Sad face.
PS- Someone tell Nathan he totes should've gotten a shirt that says FU to promote his Paladin pride. Which, now that he's admired our fountains and met our brilliant professors (Dr. Oakes) and played our fancy organ, he should totally have. And also, you know, for the gym.

+instagram.jpg)
9 comments:
I had some of those feelings at Betsy's wedding... the pride I mean. I. Love. That. Place. I actually teared up when we drove through the gates! (Shocker - I know.)
DID YOU BRING ME BACK A CHICKEN CAESER WRAP???
I'll even eat the chicken.
Oh, and the chicken ceasar wrap with the crunchies!!! My mouth is watering.
1. I was just thinking about the smell thing earlier today when I used my coconut shampoo and picture Hawaii immediately.
2. I can't believe I didn't know they still have the chicken caesar wraps! I'm totally getting one. stat.
I am unbelievably jealous that you got a chicken Caesar wrap with extra crunchies! (And looks like I'm not the only one!) I'm so going to have to take a road trip soon!
also I forgot to say I also learned that when you need a baby item on short notice, Kelley has a secondhand whatever-it-is available. True story.
And y'all. You'd think we didn't go to Furman for the awesome professors or even the beautiful campus but THOSE DANGED CRUNCHIES.
(the one thing I didn't take a picture of.)
Oh chicken Caesar wraps...how I love thee. I'm going to Homecoming this year...just to get one. :)
It's a great place. And it's true - that's a great wrap you got. Totally jealous.
They should advertise those wraps to prospective students. Better yet, hand them out free on prospective student weekends.
Post a Comment