So... underneath the giggles and milestones, Charlotte hasn't been feeling so healthy recently. She's been throwing up most of her food for a couple of weeks -- not a great way to pack on the pounds like she's supposed to be doing. Remember how she's underweight and her growth has slowed pretty significantly since February? Yeah.
Over the weekend she seemed to be getting worse, so we took her to the doctor on Monday and they admitted her to the hospital, which is where I'm writing this.
After a day on IV fluids for dehydration, and cutting all food out of her diet except milk, Charlotte has perked up considerably. The vomiting has been quelled and she's in much better spirits. And now that the IV is out of her right arm and she has her thumb back, she's even sleeping a bit better.
Ummm, as well as anyone sleeps well in a hospital. That's to say... not well.
![]() |
| I can't keep any food down, but this IV cord sure is tasty! |
So for now, Mark has been home with Nathan and Anneliese (who are going for unexpected grandparent visits starting tonight) while I have been at the hospital with Charlotte. For now, we are just waiting on a few more tests and results, and for her to regain enough strength and weight to go home, hopefully before the weekend.
Please pray for our baby girl?



4 comments:
Praying praying praying!
And Charlotte wins the most adorable sick baby in the hospital award. Seriously. So precious in that hospital gown!
Liebe Erin! das klang aber sehr traurig für euch: Gute Besserung an Charlotte. Ich hoffe, eurem Sonnenschein geht es nun wieder richtig gut! We hope you can be reassured about her health. God bless her!
I think of you so often, and thanks a lot for all the blogs. You have the tendency to be a real writer?!
Erin, I will be praying for you all. I believe that God is watching over Charlotte. I hope you will have peace, comfort and the answers you need soon. Love, Tracey
Oh, to wave the magic wand and have vigor totally and immediately restored. Too bad I am a muggle....
Post a Comment