He's so good and so gentle, and so concerned when she cries. He's constantly bringing her things to make her feel better when she fusses -- Kate the puppy, his friend cars, a toy plane, etc. He's constantly telling us that she's thirsty for milk from mommy... the idea that mommy's milk is Charlotte's drink and food seems lost on him, so he only ever calls her thirsty, not hungry. :)
Yesterday morning while I was on a boob break,* Nathan got to feed Charlotte a bottle. He took his big brother responsibility very seriously.
And later that morning, I found Charlotte napping in his bed. Apparently Mark put her there while he was playing upstairs with Nathan and Anneliese. And Nathan had kindly surrounded his baby sister with some lego and matchbox cars and trucks.** All totally necessary for sleeping, of course. Very sweet in a very Nathan way.
He keeps asking me if she knows him yet. He's clearly anxious for her to be as attached to him as he already is to her.
And these two are definitely cut from the same cloth. I keep thinking to myself how much Charlotte reminds me of Nathan as a newborn. It's not in my head! They look so much alike!
| Nathan at 2 days old... Charlotte at 2 days old |
Yay for sibling bonding. :) If it made me happy when there were only two, I'm excited at the possibilities with three!
*The last boob break I've taken! Yay, it's getting better. Also the construction seems to have moved down the street somewhat. Wins all around.
** Yes, yes, we do indeed own a toy tractor trailer with the undertaker on the side. Nathan calls it his redneck truck. *sigh* THANK YOU ASHLEY.

2 comments:
They DO look alike!
I just caught up on a bunch of your blog posts. I can't tell you how lucky you are that your kids like each other so much! It's really beautiful.
Post a Comment