So, predictably, I am not in labor. For any of you who were curious. Which, based on my inbox and my text log, is a lot of you. (In the interest of full disclosure, you should know that the next person who asks if I've had the baby yet will be carefully ignored for at least forty-eight hours so you can just sit around and wonder. Also you're officially unfriended and unfollowed and disowned and never get to meet her. Seriously people? It's the third baby! You should all know better by now! Don't you think when she comes, and we're ready to tell people, you'll know about it? And see pictures, and be expected to gush appropriately? Okay then.)
Yes, I am feisty today, thank you for asking.
Anyway, definitely not in labor:
| forty weeks!! |
And now I'm getting really picky.
I mean, she can come anytime, sure, and I'll be happy to meet her. But actually... if she can wait until Thursday afternoon when Nathan and Anneliese go to Huntersville for a week with the grandparents, that'd be even better.
And come to think of it, since my kiddies are going out of town, it might be kind of nice to have a couple of days (dare I hope for a whole weekend?) to myself before I have another baby to take care of. I'm torn between wanting to maximize easy time with just Sprout so I can bond with her and readjust to having a newborn... and wanting a few days to just hang with Mark.
Yep, mom of the year. Don't you dare judge me on my due date.
So anyway, round about a week from now* would be super, ok? Thanks, kiddo.
So what I should be doing today is finally packing a hospital bag (I have a few things washed and tossed in a stack for Sprout, but nothing packed or washed or even listed out for Mark and me). And also typing up some instructions for Nathan and Anneliese and whoever will be taking care of them, since, you know, in theory I could be in labor at any moment.
But what I am going to do today is spend a few hours at the spa. Because I want a massage. And a body exfoliation. And a foot reflexology treatment. And anyway at this point, a spa day on my due date (instead of having a baby) is kinda my thing. True story.
So. Happy due date, Sprout! I'm excited to meet you soon, baby girl!!
*Note to bloggity universe: I reserve the right to change my mind about this and get overdue and cranky at any moment. Thou shalt love me anyway.
1 comment:
HAPPY DUE DATE!! I hope the spa was AWESOME. Sounds way better than being in labor, at any rate. :)
Post a Comment