Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Real Life with Three Kids... Day One

Today is Mark's first day back at work after a month off.  Which means real life with three kiddies just smacked me in the face when I woke up today.

But... it didn't smack too hard, actually.  Charlotte went right back to sleep after both her 5am and 7am nursings. Nathan ate breakfast and then played quietly by himself until close to 8.  And Anneliese slept past 9.  (I know.)  Definitely a good start.

And it stayed okay from there.  We all got dressed.  We played a little.  I got lots of stuff done around the house, and my life feels like it's taking on some sort of order again.  Both big-kid poops landed in the potty.  The three children co-existed (mostly) peacefully while I prepared three meals.  (Full disclosure: I didn't have to cook anything, just heat stuff up and whatnot.)  We all ate when we were supposed to and napped when we were supposed to and besides a few spells when Charlotte got fussy, when Anneliese tried fix it by feeding her friend cars (yes, we knew it would happen and it finally did), and when Mommy's internet temporarily broke, there weren't even any tears.

Thanks in no small part to our baby swing.  Which Charlotte has been all about (finally!) in the last week or so. Whoever first invented these things is my new favorite person in the history of babies and pendulation.
Comfy, Charlotte?
Yeah. We're definitely calling today a win.

1 comment:

marmie said...

And there will be more days like this, and then there will be Those Others.