(If you are calling anything besides slow-cooked and shredded/pulled meat barbecue, you are sadly wrong. Do not call steak or ribs or grilled chicken barbecue, or worse, tell me that you cooked them on a barbecue. No. You did not. They are all delicious but they are not barbecue that is all.)
So I have been eating lots of barbecue. I have even been stuffing it into crunchy taco shells with coleslaw which is maybe my new most favorite thing ever, even though it might get me disowned by my father for being a failure of a north carolinian. (If you can get past that though, IT IS DELICIOUS.) (See? Proof I'm not a snobby purist or anything, I just want everyone to use the word correctly.)
Anyway with my recent re-infatuation it was kind of fun to see my kids all wolfing it down at my dad's house last weekend. Anneliese and Charlotte each put away two sandwiches!
No taco shells, but I'll teach them eventually. When my dad's not looking.



2 comments:
Just call it Mexican Barbecue.
I looooove pulled pork sandwiches. I'm quite a barbecue aficionado as well, although being a Texan, I think brisket is the best barbecue. Don't ask Kelley though - I took them to a bad brisket place when they visited us, so they won't agree.
Post a Comment