Sunday, May 12, 2013

Road Trip: Seen and Heard

The kids and I took a little road trip over mother's day weekend, both to celebrate my youngest brother Sean's graduation from college, and to have brunch with my mom. I was hella sick with a cold which doesn't sound that bad but basically instills all sorts of fears of p-neu and pleurisy and hmmm I wonder if I will ever have a chest cough again without feeling mildly panicky.

Oh and Nathan was kinda sick too. It was quite the road trip.

SEEN AND HEARD:

-- The thumbs. Always with the thumbs.

-- Nathan in the backseat, teaching Anneliese to snap.

-- Anneliese, singing over and over again (to the tune of twinkle twinkle) Mommy, Mommy I love you. yes I yes I yes I do. (I didn't hate it.)

-- Sneezing and coughing and nose blowing and more sneezing and coughing. My official remedy cocktail involves lots of iced coffee, cough syrup, and diet coke. 
It works, yo. (It didn't really work.)

-- But it did keep me awake through the brain-bumbing sounds of the kids watching some dumb dollar-bin DVD about dolphins named Daniel and Michael discovering their true dolphin destiny YES THIS IS A REAL MOVIE.

-- "Anneliese look at that lake! There is a lot of science in there." Big brother wisdom and stuff.

-- By the time we headed home, we were all feeling a good bit better. Better enough to make a pit stop for drinks and cookies, and take some selfies in the minivan.

First Nathan and mommy because "we have matching glasses!" (My children do love a good matching moment.)

Then Anneliese wanted in.

And then we had to get Charlotte too.

Hmmm I don't know y'all, I'm pretty sure I just won mother's day.

1 comment:

merritt said...

I LOVE LOVE those selfies!! You are the coolest mom.