And while the instagram and facebook likes feed his smiles like they would any budding internetter of the new millenium, he is also feeling a bit shy about it. He hates that word (and he might hate that I am telling you that he hates that word) but, the truth is he's at an age now where he does get a vote about what I tell the internet about him, which... is not everything.
And I respect his vote.
Some days he is begging me to take his picture and share something, and some days he puts on his quiet voice and asks me not to tell. It seems we have entered an era of me running it by him before I share his bizniss. Which is fair, and we're all cool with it over here, so... cool? Cool.
In that light, here are some things Nathan says it's okay to "type to the internet" about:
1.) For his last art project of the year, he made a robot.
It likes to play the organ. Because of course it does?
2.) He was a rabbit.
The kindergarten classes put on an opera ("opera") about the billy goats gruff, but starring girls, so it was technically the Nanny Goats Gruff, and Nathan had the crucial part as a member of the rabbit family. You can't see it here, but he also had a cotton tail on the back of that t-shirt. They sang and they did the bunny hop, but not with the music, even a little bit. It was wonderful.
3.) He is playing tee ball.
Mark is predictably thrilled. Nathan is surprisingly good (at hitting) (and running) (it turns out five-year-olds are all terrible fielders). And he is unsurprisingly adorable. You should watch this and then try not to smile at the look on his face when he runs to first.
(If you can't see the embedded video, click here to view it on YouTube.)
So that is (some of) what is new with Nathan.



3 comments:
That's wonderful that you respect his wishes. I hope he keeps letting you share :)
Wow. So grown up already, it seems. I'm glad he'll still let you share some of his news. We love hearing the updates.
Yes, very good mom of you to understand his privacy wishes. I find it so strange that our kids take it all very nonchalantly that we can talk to people over phones without talking to them, or show people pics thru the computer (internet), etc. Ack. Makes me sound so old..."kids these days!"
Post a Comment