Friday, March 11, 2011

A Happy Scene

Today is such a crazy mix of emotions.  Nervousness about some unusual uterine activity coupled with relief that it turns out to be not much to worry about, and Sprout is doing a-ok.  Nathan's tears of fear, followed by tears of pain, followed by tears of joy and hugs for a successful poop in the potty.  Happy memories of a decade of friendship as one of my favorite people turns twenty-nine, juxtaposed against today's horror: devastation in Japan that Hollywood couldn't even have dreamed up... yet it's real.

I don't even know what to write in light of all that.

But here's something that I never ever get tired of seeing: two kids, thumbs at the ready, unaware of the pain and fear in the world around them, content to hold each other's hands and be affectionate for no good reason at all.
And I hope that a happy image goes a little farther than usual today.

2 comments:

EMU said...

ADORABLE.

Can't wait to see Sprout squashed up in that middle seat! :)

Emily said...

For some reason this made me emotional, and I'm not pregnant. Hazel has lately started telling Annabel she is her best friend, so maybe I'm just picturing the sweetness in that. You said it perfectly!